City of Glenarden
Gold Room Coordinator
The Gold Room Coordinator acts as the liaison between renters, the public, and the City staff prior to, during and at the conclusion of events to ensure that facilities, equipment, physical setup and personnel provided meets the requirements of the event and the client’s contractual agreements. The Gold Room Coordinator will report to the City Manager.
• Coordinates the rental process of the Gold Room for use by various groups for activities such as private affairs, repasts, funerals, family reunions, weddings, receptions, anniversaries, and business meetings.
• Prepares and maintains a reservation schedule so as to avoid scheduling conflicts.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment including carpet, tables, chairs, walls, bathrooms, lobby, kitchen appliances, ice maker, ceiling tiles, lights and fixtures.
• Responsible for operating within budget. Submits the proposed budget each year to the City Manager.
• Supervises Gold Room Crew Members.
• Incumbent must be on-site during all Gold Room events. A faster than average pace will be the norm for this position.
The work requires a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business Management, Public Relations, Marketing and/or any related field. Four years progressively responsible experience in a related professional capacity; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. Please submit your resume to Karen Shoultz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date September 30, 2019, first cut July 30, 2019.