OFFICE OF THE PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY EXECUTIVE ANGELA D. ALSOBROOKS
For Immediate Release:
June 23, 2021
For More Information:
Office of the County Executive
Prince George’s County
COUNTY EXECUTIVE ALSOBROOKS ANNOUNCES NONPROFIT RELIEF FUND TO SUPPORT NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS IMPACTED BY COVID-19
LARGO, MD – Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks announced today the Strategic Partnership Nonprofit Relief Fund to assist nonprofit organizations that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The new relief fund provides an appropriation of $3 million to assist non-profit organizations that have been adversely affected by COVID-19 and other circumstances.
“We are Prince George’s Proud to announce a new resource available to our nonprofit organizations here in the County who have been impacted by COVID-19,” said Alsobrooks. “Full recovery from this pandemic includes relief for organizations who have played an integral role in providing services for those in need throughout the pandemic. The Strategic Partnership Relief Fund provides a path forward for our nonprofits, preserves healthy communities, and will ensure greatness continues to grow in Prince George’s County.”
The Strategic Partnership Nonprofit Relief Fund will provide up to $100,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations located in Prince George’s County. Eligible nonprofit organizations can apply for funds through the Strategic Partnership Nonprofit Relief Fund Application beginning July 7, 2021. The application period will be open until July 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Nonprofit organization physical location must be in Prince George’s County.
- Must have a service address in Prince George’s County.
- Must be a 501c3 or 501c4 nonprofit organization.
- Must be in “good standing” with the State of Maryland.
- Not be in bankruptcy or litigation.
- Have incurred financial losses caused directly or indirectly by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Only one proposal per organization will be accepted per fiscal year. Prior to submission of applications, organizations can confirm evidence of good standing by using the State Department of Assessments & Taxation (SDAT)’s free search link at https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch.
- Complete online application
- Evidence of Good Standing (Screenshot/Photo will be accepted)
- Copy of voided check
- Tax determination letter
- IRS Exempt Select Check search results: https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/search-for-tax-exempt-organizations
- Form 990 OR audited financial statements
Recipients of a grant will be notified via the email provided on the application. Applicants will certify at the end of the application that all information provided is accurate and true. Grant recipients, and the dollar amount of the grant received, are public information. Awards must be spent by December 31, 2021.
For more information and general questions about the grant application email PGCNonprofits@co.pg.md.us.