City Council Information and Resources.
The Glenarden City Council consists of seven Councilmembers and one Mayor, who are elected every four years.
The Mayor and Councilmembers are elected at large. Elections are non partisan. You must be 18 years old to run for Mayor and have lived in the city for two years. You must be 18 years old to run for City Council and have lived in the city for one year.
Form of Government
The City of Glenarden has a Council / Mayor form of government. The Council is the governing body of the city, elected by, and responsible to the voters for the operation of the city. The Council has oversight function and general responsibility for municipal affairs through budgeting and setting policy.
The Mayor is the Chief Executive Officer of the City government.
City Manager Appointment
The Mayor and Council appoints and directs the City Manager. He supervises all departments and is responsible for the effective management of all financial and administrative actions of the city. He is responsible for implementing all policy matters established by the City Council and enforcing all city ordinances.
Get to know your Coucilmembers.
View and download archived legislation.
View and download Council Meeting Agendas.
View and download Council Meeting Minutes.
Council Work Sessions are held the 1st Monday of each month at 7:00pm in the Upper Level Conference Room.
Public Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:30pm in the Lower Level Council Chambers.
For more information or questions, contact the Council Clerk at 301-322-1473.
View and download staff reports.
View Council Meetings
View Council Meetings viewed on Comcast 71 or Verizon 16
– April 5, 2021, Work Session, Passcode: +DJ6LciI
– April 5, 2021, Public Hearing, Passcode: 3.3gNd%s
– March 22, 2021, Public Hearing, Passcode: 8Xp11+sV
– March 16, 2021, Special Regular Meeting, Passcode: *U0^*5&q
– March 10, 2021, Special Regular Meeting, Passcode: !4TK#ZW@
– March 8, 2021, Regular Meeting, Passcode: Tw7x$SG.
– March 1, 2021, Council Work Session, Passcode: %YN&QEK0
– February 8, 2021, Regular Meeting, No Passcode Needed
– February 1, 2021, Work Session, Passcode: P49t?cDf
– January 27, 2021, Special Regular Meeting, Passcode: ZD@7d%0f
– January 19, 2021, Public Hearing Meeting, No Passcode Needed
– January 11, 2021, Council Regular Meeting, No Passcode Needed
– December 15, 2020, Public Hearing – Passcode: 86V?R!vA
– December 11, 2020, Special Regular Meeting – Passcode: 3T$5b4zX
– December 10, 2020, Special Work Session (Budget) – Passcode: vw7z%74Y
– December 7, 2020, Work Session – Passcode: NTB+ApQ8