What are my Taxes Paying For?
- Support Staff for all departments – Public Safety, Public Works, Cable, Legislative/Executive and Code Enforcement
- Financial/Budget Monitoring and Reporting
Cable TV and Communications
- Provide updates on the City’s business
- Entertainment for the City, within the City
- Ensure Rules and Regulation are upheld such as:
- all laws pertaining to Maryland revised statues, County and City ordinances.
- Conduct inspections and investigations of municipal infractions and codes.
- Maintains records, reports of evidence, and serves as the custodian of records for the city.
- Issuer of various permits and licenses needed to obtain compliance to City ordinance.
- Conduct traffic control and parking enforcement throughout the city.
- City wide patrol to respond, observe, surveil, report and intervene for the safety of City public relations and information purpose.
- Business Registration
- Council lobby for benefits/Grants for the City
- Maintain the City’s charter for equity
- Services for the Nutrition Center
- Provide funding for the local police
- Street Patrol
- Speed-Cam monitoring
- Traffic Light
- Respond to Crime emergency calls
- Clerks for Fingerprinting Services
- City Beautification; landscaping, park upkeep, etc.
- Trash/refuse Collection.
- Road Maintenance.