Prince George’s County COVID-19 Vaccination Update
Dear Prince Georgians:
- I’m happy to announce we have surpassed 800,000 total vaccinations provided to residents, and we have also surpassed 400,000 residents who are now fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- On Sunday, July 4, one vaccinated Marylander will receive a grand prize of $400,000 through the State of Maryland and Maryland Lottery’s VaxCash promotion. As you know, the VaxCash promotion gives a cash prize of $40,000, each day until July 3, to Maryland residents ages 18 and older who have received at least 1 dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Maryland residents who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine administered in Maryland at any time are eligible. There are no extra steps for entry.
- If you have not gotten vaccinated, please do so immediately so you can become eligible to receive up to $400,000 through the Maryland VaxCash promotion. For more information about the Maryland VaxCash promotion and frequently asked questions, click here.
Yours in Service,
Prince George’s County Executive
Vaccine Equity Team Briefing
The County’s COVID-19 Vaccine Equity Team provided a briefing recently on the work they have accomplished so far. Click here to learn how they are working to ensure equitable access to vaccines for all our residents.
Vaccine Canvasser Stories
We recently completed Phase I of our vaccine canvassing program, which conducts door-to-door, phone, and text outreach to County residents to help provide information on COVID-19 vaccines and resources related to the pandemic. In the first phase, our canvassers assisted over 3,000 residents with registering for a vaccine appointment, and another 6,886 committed to getting vaccinated.
However, numbers don’t tell the whole story. Throughout this past week, we have shared photos and stories on social media from our canvassers. In one of our success stories, a canvasser spoke with a family of three who were already vaccinated but were concerned about their elderly neighbor. Their neighbor was at risk but hadn’t yet been able to register. Our canvasser registered the elderly resident, bringing peace of mind to them as well as their neighbors.
We hope you continue to encourage your friends and loved ones to get vaccinated and be Proud to be Protected.
- The County Health Department has provided over 159,000 vaccinations, including over 1,400 last week. We have provided approximately 700 vaccinations this week through June 24.
- This week, 276 first doses and 409 second doses have been provided as of June 24.
- To date, the County has received 197,879 vaccines, and has administered 158,956 of those doses (approximately 80.3%). This metric (percentage of vaccine administered) changes day to day as new vaccine shipments come in and the number of second dose vaccines waiting to be given are administered in the days ahead.
While the County Health Department currently operates two vaccination clinics in the County, in addition to three mobile vaccination units, there are a number of vaccination sites available in Prince George’s County that are not operated by the County. Please remember that we do not manage nor control appointments, or distribution for any sites besides those operated by our County Health Department.
Prince George’s County Health Department
- Locations: Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex, Sports & Learning Complex, and Mobile Vaccination Units.
- Appointments: Individuals who live or work in Prince George’s County should visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine to view clinic hours or schedule an appointment directly. Individuals who cannot schedule an appointment online on their own should call 311 and press # for assistance.
Six Flags America Theme Park & Other State Vaccination Sites (Not County-Operated)
- Appointments: Visit covidvax.maryland.gov to schedule an appointment. Vaccinations are available for ages 12+.
- Individuals can also call the Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule vaccine appointments at mass vaccination sites.
- Drive-ups Welcome:
- A limited number of drive-thru, no-appointment vaccinations are available at the Six Flags mass vaccination site, Monday – Saturday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Additional Non-County Operated Sites
- Please use our County Vaccine Locator to find additional vaccination sites operated by pharmacies, hospitals and other healthcare partners.
- Over 820,000 vaccines have been provided to County residents. 477,017 County residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine, and 418,215 residents are fully vaccinated.
- There are an estimated 707,865 adult residents in the County (ages 18 and older).
- Our goal is to have 460,112 residents 18 and older vaccinated by mid-July, or 65% of this population.
- We are now at 97.7% of our summer goal for adults.
- When including all residents ages 12 and older, 61.5% of residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. We had a goal to vaccinate 60% of residents ages 12 and older by the end of June, so we have now officially surpassed that goal!
Stay updated with the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine using the following tools:
The COVID-19 Data Dashboard: Stay informed of the progress the County is making with vaccine distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions: Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Latest Updates: The latest updates will be posted at mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine.
Communications Toolkit: Help us spread the word about COVID-19 vaccines to family and friends so we can ensure every Prince Georgian is Proud to be Protected.