The Communications Department is part of the City Manager's Office. It is responsible for sharing information with the public about what goes on in City government. Whether it is publicizing a City-sponsored event, explaining City services, or providing information about the actions of the City Council, effective, timely communications are at the core of everything done by this office.
A variety of communications tools are used to make sure the public is well informed about the actions of, and the services provided by the City of Glenarden government. They include:
- Brochures, flyers, etc.
- City E-News & Alerts | (Sign Up Here)
- City of Glenarden E-Notify
- City Information & Updates Phone Line (call 301-773-2100 & press option 1 for Events & Meeting Information; press option 2 for Administrative Updates)
- City Quarterly Newsletter (for residents)
- Emergency OnSolve CodeRED
- Glenarden Cable Television Association - Government Cable TV (local channels Comcast 71 & Verizon 16)
- Latest News (Check out the Community Happenings & Glenarden Happenings for upcoming events and programs)
- Local media
- Message boards
- Social media
Communications are a two-way street. Not only is it important for the City government to share information with its residents, it's also critical that the government is transparent and accessible.
Questions, comments, and complaints are always welcomed and they help us to improve the services we provide!
Need help? Ask us!
Contact the Webmaster.